Before we had my son my partner and I had a great sex life. We were in love, free. Even during my pregnancy we were active up until the last 6 weeks before the complications started. After my son arrived, we waited the mandated 6 weeks until we got the all clear from my OB. The green light came but neither of us did. We just didn't do it. I suffered from PPD and he just suffered. I didn't want to be touched.
As time went on, I got better and decided it was time to do the deed. It's not that the sex isn't great, it is. We've never had a problem in that department. However, I can honestly say in 4 months since our son was born, I can count on one hand the amount of sex we've had. What ruins it you ask?
1) The land is dry as a desert. No need to elaborate.
2) Belly flab...enough said.
3) Post pregnancy hormone changes, Cymbalta, and lack of sex drive.
4) The constant worry that you "hear the baby crying"
5) Anger....For fuck's sake, do some damn laundry!
6) Date nights become obsolete.
7) The days of drunken nights in a bar and sloppy drunk sex are long gone.
8) You become more of a team, partners, friends....where did my lover go? Better yet, where did I go?
9) Although on birth control pills, my period seems to strike at any time. Surprise!
10) I just don't feel like it. There is no explanation. I just don't want to.
11) Who has time to "groom"? I barely have time to shower let alone shave my legs, hoo-ha (cue 1970's porn music), and paint my toe nails.
12) Constant financial worry. You aren't human if you aren't thinking about bills, bills, and more bills.
13) Too tired. Sleep before sex.
14) Sometimes I just don't like him.
15) I'd rather write.
For more great blog posts from Theme Thursday visit www.cloudywithachanceofwine.com